Monday, June 16, 2014

Without grumbling

Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life. Philippians 2:14-16 (niv) 

Monday is usually grummbling day, and every other day except the weekends... Actually I probably grumble on the weekends too. I think grumbling is something we all do in our day to day lives. It is so much easier to say "I don't want to go to work" than "Wooohoo, I'm going to work today!". It seems to be a trend, not wanting to work. No one really wants to be told what to do I guess. The more I think about this bible verse, the more guilty I feel. Then you get up to the bit about "shining like stars" and I wish it were easy to work. I want that, I want to shine like stars! 
Life isn't easy, it was meant to be easy... Until we kinda decided that it was much easier to disobey God, than to obey him. We got what was coming to us, a hard life, and it is up to us to make it easier I suppose. God has already done so much for us by giving us our second chance, Jesus. So why should we grumble and argue? I need to remind myself to toughen up. I'm working for God, because he has done more than enough for me. 
I hope this encourages you.

Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment