Monday, June 17, 2013

Keep Calm and Sparkle!




OK so I was just browsing on Facebook, and one of my liked pages posted this picture on my feed. I got super duper excited because it reminded me of the "She is..."theme this year. >>>

I have been excited all year about the theme because it is exciting to learn about being lights for Jesus, shining his love all around. It is inspiring!
 I don't know about you, but I don't "Sparkle" enough. I don't shine. I hide. Even though Jesus has done things for me that I don't deserve, I am embarrassed to say his name to my colleges at work.
 If a friend were to rescue me from flood waters, I would forever be calling them my hero. I would want the world to know that this amazing person rescued me from death..... yet Jesus rescued me from death when he died that brutal death on the cross and I rarely say a thing about it.
I think that is the story for most of us. Even though God would use us more if we told people about our him, we still shy away. We should be shouting Jesus name from the rooftops, but we are afraid of being judged. That just goes to show how imperfect we are.
I think we need to pray more... pray that we won't be afraid, that we won't be ashamed, that we won't be embarrassed.... we need to let God take over our lives, and he needs to be in the center. We are not usable, If we don't allow him to use us.


Just sayin...

http://sheis.net.au/







No comments:

Post a Comment