Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I can only imagine.....

So the thing is God IS real.
God DID send His Son Jesus to live in this messed up world. Jesus was mocked, ridiculed, tempted, stripped naked, whipped brutally, a thorny crown was placed on his head, and after all this... at the brink of death already... he was forced to carry the cross up a hill... the instrument that he was to be crucified on. The people that were supposed to be for him, were against him. They hammered nails into his wrists and his feet and hoisted him up. The cross was more painful than we could imagine. For anyone who had to die this way, was absolute torture. To breathe, Jesus had to try to push himself up. His arms were dislocated, so this was pretty much impossible. It was a painful way to die for anyone, brilliant actually. Clever. Jesus however had it far worse than anyone... lets not forget that he was whipped and forced to carry his cross before he was nailed to the cross. He would have been exhausted. The cross was set aside for the worst criminals... Murderers. Jesus wasn't a criminal. Jesus was who he said he was. He could have bailed out at any time. It must have been hard when the soldiers asked him to come down to prove that he was God's son. He didn't come down, he stayed up there, because he loves us. He was the ultimate sacrifice. As Jesus died an earthquake hit, the temple curtains were torn in two, and darkness came over the land. It was only then that people realized that he actually was the king of kings.
But that's not all.... 3 days later he got up from his grave. He was alive!

Because of Jesus, I am alive. I have accepted his death, and all that he has done for me, and I have chosen to try my hardest to live for him. I still sin, and he still loves me... he is eternally devoted to me. When my time on earth is up, heaven will be my home.

I can only imagine what it will be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment