Sunday, September 7, 2014

My heart is overwhelmed

Every now and again, I get this crazy overwhelming feeling. When I'm tired, I'm naturally a bit emotional, but I fully believe that God uses these moments to talk to me. He takes me away from my idea of reality, and he gives me a new perspective. I reflect on my past and I pray that I will never live through those mistakes again. I pray that my past hurt, won't damage my future. The future seems so innocent on the outside, but on the inside I'm certain that I will make more mistakes.
When I think about the present, I'm ashamed of myself. I believe God is using this moment right now to ask me direct my focus on him, not on the wordly things that don't matter. 

Matthew 6:19-21
Treasures in Heaven
6:22, 23pp — Lk 11:34-36
“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

This passage is probably more relevant now than ever. I'm constantly spending time playing games on my IPad, checking Facebook and emails, and watching funny YouTube videos. All of which are fun, but are meaningless in the long run. I wish I had the motivation to live for Jesus instead. I want to focus on him, as the centre of my life. I hate that I forget him, even after all he has done for me. I need to use my built up passion for his cause, and in my relationship with him. 
I don't like to put my own words into God's mouth, but I feel like he is saying to me "Elissa, where are you? I want you back, precious daughter, come to me". If that is what he is saying, then I need to obey him!

When my heart is overwhelmed, I am drawn to him. I am captivated by his awesome love. He reassures me that it will be ok. He is the ultimate gift that keeps on giving, without hesitation. He directs me onto the right path, and reminds me that he is the way, the truth and the life. He reminds me that he is the light that won't dim or black out. He tells me to trust, because he has this under controll. 
The battle has been won, there is no need for me to fight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment